Here is a great solution that Paul Grenier put together with JQuery. With this solution you get a popup for any issue, task or custom list. This does not work with link lists.
You will get a pop up when you mouse over the title of the list item. It will show all metadata for that item. What a wonderful solution so that you do not have to click on the issue to see all the details.
Below you will find the code you can add to a CEWP or the webpart you can add to any page.
Steps to adding script:
- Add a Content Editor Web Part (CEWP) to your page that has the list.
- Copy the code below
- In the CEWP click "Source Editor"
- Paste the code into the window that pops up.
- Click "Save"
- You should now be able to mouse over the "Title" field of an item in the list and have a pop up.
- Make sure the Title field is part of the fields showing. This field is required.
LoadTipDate Updated: 02/10/2009
This JQuery solution provides a popup for ay of the following lists: Announcements, Issues, Tasks, and custom lists.