Ever wanted to add a list from any site on SharePoint into the Wiki, well now you can. Follow these instructions to add a list view into area of the Wiki content. You do not have to added it at the end of the Wiki.
If you have installed the Wiki customization solution prior to 8/14/09 then you will need to down load the latest Wiki.js
file, other wise you have the version that supports this solution. Always check the Updates section for the latest versions.
The steps are very simple:
- Go to the site where the list is that you want to show. Make sure you are on the view you want displayed.
- Copy the URL (web address) of the list view.
- Go back to the Wiki page to add the list view to.
- Edit the Wiki page.
- Paste the link into that page where you would like the list to show.
- At the end of the link add "?ListView". Do not add the quotes and it is case sensitive. Also you will notice instructions at the bottom of the page that outlines how to do this.
- Should look like this:http://www.bitsofsharepoint.com/ExamplePoint/Lists/Examples/AllItems.aspx?ListView
- Click "OK" to save the page and watch the list appear.
Issues: You cannot do grouped lists at this time.
Here is an working example: